Friday 30 November 2007

November Review

So with bonuses and rakeback my final total for November is $1,919.20 profit. Is an OK result money wise but I feel like my game has gone backwards a bit and my style is slipping but into nitty TAG. May as well be playing with my cards face up against some of the better players at 100NL.

Here's my review of targets set at beginning of month:

1. 25,000 Hands 100NL at 4+ PTBB/100

I played nearly 33,000 hands at 1.98 BB/100. Ok for my first month at new level but feel like I have failed. Been slipping back to TAG which is bad for me. Verdict - Failed.

2. Focus on Pot Control for EVERY session

I have been working hard on pot control and am much better at this now. Verdict - Pass.

3. Learn to trust stats/reads and fold if necessary!

I am getting worse not better here. I think this is biggest problem with TAG style. Hard to put down hands against fish when you have been patiently waiting for a hand to take their money. A true fish is always in front of your unimproved AA when they check/raise turn. Verdict - Failed miserably.

4. Start folding if unsure what to do in small pots.

Some good fols on flop with overpairs. Verict - Pass.

5. Review sessions and post hands on CR

Am getting better at reviewing my play. Am also breaking play down into sessions of around 500 hands and making sure I review big hands before playing again. Verdict - Ongoing.

6. Find a good coach

Coaching has started as part of a group with newly honoured CR Guest Pro Verneer. The whole group are currently trying to lay TAG foundations and hopefully we will be starting to open up soon. I am finding TAG a little too dull and feel I am not maximising my earning potential. What I really need is a one on one coach but do they even exist?

7. Work on Table Selection

Passed.

8. Re-read psychology of poker

Am halfway through and am referring to this book and the two NLHE books. This is ongoing study and I could read each book five times and still be able to learn more on sixth read!

No comments: