Monday 14 January 2008

The Poker Mindset

Had my first 1-1 coaching session yesterday and my confidence is back!

The session was pretty standard for the most part but just having someone to offer guidance and explain the thought process behind some non ABC plays was great. Because of the lag between our computers there were times when he would say eg "I would raise here" and I had already made the play which shows me I am doing some of the basics right.

I am currently reading the poker mindset and have just read the section on setting targets. Whilst I can control my results to a certain extent (like not spewing 2 buy ins - see previous post) I cannot control people hitting 2 outers and the like and I now therfore realise that setting monetary targets for the month is not such a good idea.

Am going to set myself a target of finishing the book by the end of the month and using what I have learnt to set my objectives for February.

No comments: