Friday 4 January 2008

2008 begins with a rollercoaster

I played poker yesterday for the first time in over a week.

Felt a bit rusty as I hadn't played for a while but played OK in the first session apart from a couple of marginally bad calls.

In the 2nd session I played poorly and stacked off twice including with KK on an Ace high flop, something I haven't done for a long time.

Overall I won 1.25 buy ins at just over 5BB/100 hands. Pretty happy with the result on my first day back, especially as I suffered 2 major suckouts, but not too happy with my play. I am turning into a perfectionist!

After that I played some 25NL as I have been coaching the wife for a few weeks and want to see how the games are at her level. I posted some questions on CR about microstakes coaching before xmas and a few CR members have asked for some help. I am really interested in coaching beginners and am going to see if I can do something in the next few months, however this means I really need to take the lower levels seriously when I play them.

Last night I played the 25NL games with a total lack of discipline a lost almost 2 buy ins. Started with 8 tables (madness) and then down to 6 which is probably my upper limit right now. Having said that I need to be 'in the zone' to play 6 tables and I wasn't last night. I knew it too so shouldn't have played the session at all if I am honest.

I felt a bit tilty after my brief battering at 25NL and decided to use some FPP's to blow off steam. Played a couple of heads up FPP sunday million qualifiers and I think these are great value.

In 20 mins - Played 2 - Won 1 = Sunday Million Ticket (or $215 in MTT tokens) :-)

No comments: