Thursday 13 March 2008

Trackers

Been busy with work last few days and haven't played much but lost a few buy ins since breaking the 1k day barrier.

Have managed to get most of my stats into PT3 beta and have to say that it looks very good. Am getting a bit impatient though as they keep putting the release date back. I did a sweat with a student on sunday who uses Holdem Manager and this appears to do all the new PT stuff, HUD looks good and it is ready to go.

For the sake of $80 I am tempted to just go with Holdem Manager for now as this does have a big edge over PT2.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

Havent u tried any of the PT3 hud's? Obviously not official ones but there are 2-3 that work with PT3

Mr Fickle said...

I haven't tried the PT3 HUD's as I was waiting for the official version. Are they easy to set up and use? I run the trial of Holdem Manager and it has some things I don't like/understand. Support seems pretty crap so back to waiting for PT3!

Aaron said...

yeah they are all easy to use and set up. one is an AHK script that can be found over at PT3 forums. created by _dave_ from 2+2. I know Marc has been using it.

There's a few other HUDs over at the 2+2 software forums. poker observer, realtime hud etc.

hit me up if u need the links at all.

Mr Fickle said...

OK will give it a go this weekend. Look out for me on AIM :-)
Thanks mate.

Marc said...

One thing to note is that site support is really limited for PT3 right now. If you're just doing Party, Stars, and Tilt, you're OK, though.

I like the AHK HUD, although it takes a little bit of work to get set up, and if you have Vista, it may be tricky....but if you can get it to work, it is pretty cool, and way better than PT2/PAHUD, if your computer can handle it (yeah, Aaron, if you're reading the comments, I'm still a bit steamed ;)).