Wednesday 5 March 2008

Coaching Update

I now have 4 students and we are working our way through my newly designed Introduction Programme. Is taking up a huge amount of my time but is going well and very much worth it to see how well these guys are doing already.

It seems that a lot of low stakes players, especially cardrunners members, have just a few small leaks which are stopping them beat their current level. It is just amazing what a slight change in style can do for your game and so far the adjustments I have suggested have been well received.

Yesterday I spent over 3 hours producing a session review video. I started off by importing the hand histories into poker tracker and looking for any obvious leaks. I then went through hands using the PT replayer and made notes on any hands I wanted to use in the video. Finally I recorded my thoughts on the hands in question and tried to explain my thought process.

Haven't watched it back but I know I say 'erm' a lot......hopefully that won't be too off putting for my student and he will be more intertested in what I am saying around the erms!

No comments: