Monday 3 March 2008

Calling Stations and Moving Up

Have moved up to 200NL on pokerstars. Doesn't seem to be a huge difference in these games and in fact they are very similar to the 100NL games at full tilt. Table and seat selection is going to be the key.

I have noticed when moving up a level I always seem to play a little too aggressive for the first few sessions. I think this is because I am trying to prove to my opponents that I belong at this level and am not 'playing scared'.

This is not too much of a problem (better than playing too passive) but the fact is my opponents will mostly be unaware that I am new to the level. I will just be another unknown, my play will be taken at face value, and when I make a spewy 3 barrell bluff into a calling station, they will label me as an over aggressive donk!

Note to self:
A calling station don't fold QQ at whatever level, whatever the board and repping a monster with effectively air is therefore -EV!


The crucial thing here is to learn is to make adjustments and use this image to my advantage. My opponents are now much more likely to be paying attention.

No comments: