Monday 17 December 2007

MTT win brings back memories

Been away for work xmas bash but no graphics card to greet my arrival home. Is being delivered today alledgedly - yeah right.

Anyway, I started playing 2 tables of 200NL yesterday morning but made some shitty plays and stopped session short. Basically I wanted to play poker but also wanted to catch up with the football on TV, MTT's are perfect for this as I don't have to pay much attention in the first couple of hours so I registered for $33 buy in on Party which had over 100 entrants.

After the first hour or so I noticed that some guy had been complaining about my 'slow play' constantly in the chat box. Like I said I wasn't paying too much attention before and my clock run down a few times but nothing too bad I don't think. This player had very loose stats and was clearly losing his patience so I entered into a little banter with him and started running my clock down to annoy him. It worked a treat because he started slagging my tight/nitty style just a couple of levels before I needed to change up the gears. He highlighted the fact that I was folding so much to the entire table gave me far too much respect when I did start playing frequently and this helped me make the money with an average chip stack.

I used to play MTT's a lot and my tight style means I don't need a huge chip stack to win. With an average stack and 16 people left I felt I had a big edge on the field and was confident of going all the way. I did not once consider making a deal at the final table and it was all over pretty quickly. By the time I got to the last 3 I had over half the chips in play and they were playing for 2nd :-)

The win paid $942 which is not bad for 3 1/2 hours of watching TV!

1 comment:

Warren Hennessy said...

Very nice, not too shabby at all!

I've never cashed in an MTT so hats off to you.