Thursday 6 December 2007

Making Changes

I am back to 100NL after my brief drop down and have devised my starting hand requirements to play a 21/19 style.

Tested these on 2 tables last night and it went well. I actually felt like I was table captain for most of the session and was surprised how little people played back at me.

When I am thinking about making changes to my game I look at a certain aspect of my play and see if I can come up with a way of improving. If I am struggling I will ask for advice.

What makes me mad is that losing players seem to ask for advice and then totally ignore, or in some cases not even entertain, the advice they are lucky enough to get from winning players.

They bleat that they get outdrawn constantly and are victims of play so bad it becomes unbeatable. If that was the case surely everyone would strive to be really bad! In most cases they are just too stubborn or set in their ways to accept that the problem lies in their their own game.

They ask for advice but really they just want to be told to carry on because they are good (deluded) players and will win in the long run. If they don't like the advice they are given, they just decide that the advice is wrong and carry on as before.

My advice to these players is to keep at it and come and sit at my tables!

No comments: