Friday 26 October 2007

Verneer Coaching Application

Hi Verneer,

Am really pleased to see you have decided to take on a few more students. I would sure like to be considered for one of the places.

I live in the UK (Isle of Man actually) and have been playing poker online for around about two and a half years, mostly playing MTT's. I have had some success in low buy in MTT's but have always had the desire to play cash games. I played some full ring for fun whilst considering myself an MTT player and won a few hundred dollars overall.

A few months ago I decided that MTT's were not the way forward for me. I have a full time job and playing the early stages of a large MTT after work just became too boring and was resulting in me making mistakes.

I played full ring for a while but when I joined cardrunners I realised 6 max was where I wanted to be. I started off watching the low limit series by brymstar and worked on playing ABC poker. I've had some up and downs but am always thinking about the game and striving to improve.
I am doing pretty well at 50NL at the moment and now consider myself a cash game player. I am going to move up to 100NL next week.

I read the cardrunners forums every day but don't reply to hand history posts much yet as I don't quite have the confidence in my own play.

I am going to try and post a link to my stats since playing 6 max as my chosen game above. Hopefully this will work but I am fairly new to blogging to so apologies if they aren't there! I have done a print screen to a word doc so can e-mail to you if necessary.

To deal with the points in your blog:

Expectations of Students

1. Put in a couple of thousand hands per week - I play more than this
2. Update progress on blog - I started this blog about a month ago. Have been away on holiday but will be posting more regulary.
3. Send hand histories and ask questions - Will certainly do this!
4. Listen to the advice - I trust your advice already from your cardrunner posts and blog
5. At least two sweat sessions per month - This is what I need
6. No quick fix - I fully understand this and am looking to improve my game over the long term

Hopefully the above gives you an idea of where I am at in my poker and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you should you be interested in coaching me.

No comments: