Monday 30 November 2009

Mission Accomplished

Yes I actually managed to get through the whole weekend without looking at my stats once. It was actually easier than I thought it would be during game time and I used a mental trick to help me through:

Set countdown timer to 30 mins. At end of each 30 minute period:

1. No stats checked in last 30 mins - tick
2. Re-evaluate tables and leave those full of regs and ratholers - tick
3. Remind myself that Range, Equity, Maximise thought process is essential at all times - tick
4. Reset timer for next 30 mins and repeat steps above.

The toughest part of the challenge was Saturday night when I had finished for the day. I had no idea where I stood but was pretty sure I was down for the day and badly wanted to know by how much!

By the end of Sundays play I thought I was down even more and had guesstimated a loss of around 3.5 buyins over the two days. Turns out I had booked a 3 buyin win which shows that losing hands stay in the mind that little bit longer!

Anyway, regardless of the actual results the challenge was a huge success. I definitely played some of my best poker at times, got totally into the zone and was way more focused on things that can actually have a positive effect on results.

For December I am going to set myself the targert of only checking my stats when I have finished playing for the day.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

excellent stuff steve, might have to do that myself as it goes rather then check every 20mins or so. definately not +ev

hope you can stick to it

pocketfish007 said...

what about taking a bet about not loking into results for a week?

rotyi said...

I'm betting on pocketfish007, because he has already done that.

Let's say the odds is about 3,5 : 1

:))

Mr Fickle said...

I'll take odds of 3.5/1 :)