Thursday 9 October 2008

Your Dream Coaching Programme..........??

Good news!

I have been approved as a CR coach and need to submit something for my own coaching page.

I'm not extactly sure how this will work but am going to spend some time designing two or three packages that I think will be attractive to potential students, and also think about how to make my rates both competitive and fair.

I have a pretty good idea of what I am going to do already but would really appreciate comments and suggestions from anyone reading this blog. Basically I would like to know what your dream coach would deliver.

If you would prefer to send me this privately please let me know and I will get in touch by e-mail or AIM.

Thanks in advance :)

1 comment:

Marc said...

First of all, congratulations on being picked! If you want to follow up about any of these (I'll *try* to keep it short), you know where to find me :).

This is what I'd be looking for, although I might not be the best target audience, since someone who grinds more full-time than I do might have some other considerations and priorities. Anyway....

- Knows my game specifically, not just generically the best way to play or just turning me into them.
- Can adopt multiple styles and help me broaden my styles and adjust correctly based on opponents and game flow.
- Can easily follow me 4-tabling a session (duh!). Mostly lets me play and explain, but since they know my game might jump in with a line they don't believe I would take by default...so that I can actually experience something different than what I would do (btw, this is the main reason I much prefer live sweats over video reviews I've done).
- Keeps track of hands to review later and points they want to make after the play part of the session is done. I can initiate my own questions during and away from the session, but a lot of time students don't even know there are questions they should be asking, IMO...that's a big reason a coach can add value.
- Private forum for students for strategy, theory, etc. discussions. Coach should weigh in on every thread, assuming the forum is not abused.
- Periodically bring me hands of theirs or from other posts and get my analysis (again, based on knowledge of my game and what I need to learn).
- Interact on my poker blog. While I don't think a coach should expect a student to have a blog, I would encourage it as a coach, and the best way to do it is to chime in frequently, IMO.