Friday 31 October 2008

October Review

Is it really the end of the month already!?!

I have had a pretty good month overall and will post some stats or a graph or something later.

As far as my targets for the month are concerned I most certainly underestimated the amount of playing time I would lose with a new baby in town but things are all good right now :)

Premier League

Watch 8 Poker Videos
I actually watched more than 8 but not sure how much they benefit they have these days. I really feel like I am at a stage were I need to study my own game more and make small tweaks rather than try to incorporate things I pick up in videos.

40 2Hour Sessions - Max 4 tables
26 in total which is not bad. Also played some shorter sessions towards the end of the month which I enjoyed more (because I made $$$ obv).

Specific focus area per session
This has been huge for me. Pick a different area to focus on each session and suddenly I don’t feel the need for other things going on in the background. Not only do I notice a lot more in my ‘focus area’ for that particular session, but I remember much more from previous sessions because I was actually paying attention!

No looking at session stats during play
Getting much better at this now although I still do it in about half of my sessions. I was considering removing stats from my HEM to stop me looking at all but can’t work out how to do it on the sessions tab.

Marked Hands and 50+BB Post Session Review
Started well with this but during winning times I feel less inclined to review sessions. Not sure if this is the right attitude but I am really still searching for the best way to review sessions and I am sure I will review more when I go pro and/or my next downswing occurs.

Note - doesn’t mean I don’t review individual hands because I have been doing this quite a lot.

Championship

Work on general guideline notes
Done and ongoing.

Create Monthly Review Procedures
Done and ongoing.

Hand Group Review
Work in progress.

Create Monthly Back Up Procedures
Work in progress

Make Supernova
About 7,000 hands to go.

10 Treadmill Runs
Epic fail – managed 4 but am now just an unfit slob.

No comments: