Tuesday 15 December 2009

Practice

Zen and the Art of Poker Rule #23 is Practice. It compares poker to games like tennis and backgammon and states that poker 'is a rhythm and a groove you get into, like anything else.'

When playing regulary I definitely get into the groove and lately have felt good about my game, even when things aren't going my way.

For the last couple of weeks however, I have not been playing enough and it is no coincidence that my game is already showing signs of decay.

Practice makes perfect!

1 comment:

RiverRock55 said...

This is so true! Since I have started playiing full time about 1.5yrs ago I have taken 2 long chunks of time off. The longest being a 3 month trip to SE Asia. It took me brutal downswing (not brought on by varience), and a solid month of playing just to get back to the form I was in before I left.

Heck, The last few months I have been grinding alot and when I took 2 days off in a row in November I still felt a little wierd when I came back.

The lesson I have learned from this is that if you are going to take time off, factor in this recovery time before hand.