Thursday 18 December 2008

Exciting news

Today is my last day of full time employment!

For the last couple of months Helen and I have been thinking a lot about what to do about childcare when her maternity leave ends. Without going into the fine details we basically decided that Helens business must not suffer (she is self employed) and after a lot of number crunching we decided the only option was for me to resign and become a house husband.

I resigned a few weeks back but my employers have been very understanding of the situation and have given me the opportunity to work part time and mostly from home.

I am very grateful at how accommodating they have been and my boss actually said to me that he understands my daughter and my wifes business are more important than my job and they will just have to accept it!

So for the next two weeks I will be taking some time off for the xmas holidays and from 1st January 2009 I will be a part time Underwriter, part time house husband and semi-professional poker player/coach.

Pretty cool life balance imo :)

1 comment:

Marc said...

Congrats, I've no doubt you will be successful with this change, sounds like an awesome balance for you. Hope your holidays were good, happy New Year.