Friday 1 August 2008

July Review

Premier League

1. Conduct hand reviews and post problematical hands on forums.
I am doing pretty well with this and am using my coach and the forums to develop my understanding in key areas.

2. Recognise and avoid passive tilt.
Still searching for the sweet spot between over aggression and passive spew. Grey area is reducing bit by bit.

3. No looking at stats during session. This includes last lap

I’m terrible at this but am doing a little better over the past week or so.

4. No AIM or Internet during play.
Success!

5. Give study full 100% concentration. It is not an inconvenience!

I am really getting into watching videos again and also doing a lot of work on hand reviews, pokerstoving ranges etc.

Championship

1. Use button, or more specifically position, to put opponents under pressure.
I am doing pretty well with this but need to think more about when to fire turn and river bullets.

2. Work with coach on monthly reviews.
Holdem Manager is great for monthly reviews and have started a spreadsheet to compare some crucial stats on a monthly basis.

3. Develop workflows for balanced strategy including c-betting.
I have made some small changes for my pre-flop game and will be monitoring progress in August.

4. Plan hands based on opponents. Start plan pre-flop and adjust pre-flop play if necessary.
See above. Pre-flop style has changed a little and planning hands is crucial.

5. Be prepared to check fold flop when out of position, even if I have the lead.
OOP = Out of Power. I suck out of position and need to work on this area of my game.

6. Resist the urge to play some 400NL. I still want to crush 200NL first.
I am considering going pro in 2009 and have therefore turned into a bankroll nit, however, when my roll hits $40k I will mix in the occasional 400NL session to test the water.

Lower League

1. Website

2. Revise coaching rates – Have submitted application to be a CR Coach up to 100NL

3. Learn Omaha Cash.

4. Learn HU Cash – Am up $170 at 50NL HU for July over very small sample size. I find HU a little boring to be honest but it may be because I am playing so low.

2 comments:

belligero said...

I'd love to put in a good word if any references would help with the CR application.

Mr Fickle said...

I don't know if I need references at this stage but thanks, will put your name forward if they ask :)