Friday 15 August 2008

Green is good

This is my month so far:



13 successive winning sessions followed by a brutal 5 buyin defeat!

If you look at the EV number it looks like I am running well but I really don't think I am.

The problem with EV stats is that when you get to the river it is alwalys neutral EV. So when you flopped set on a rainbow board is beaten by some crappy gutshot/backdoor flush combo then this doesn't go towards the EV numbers, unless of course you are all in before the river.

My family is visiting for the next 2 weeks, so probably won't be playing much at all, but the month should be a profitable one ;)

Getting away from poker just for once, the football season starts today (you can call it soccer but whatever) which is exciting.

My team have made some good signings and have been on fire pre-season, really need to get off to a good start today, COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

2 comments:

belligero said...

Congrats on the good run. It looks like your VPIP is a little tighter. Have you made some adjustments or is just coincidental?

Mr Fickle said...

I don't think I have adjusted much, numbers pre-flop have been pretty similar for some time now.