Thursday 22 May 2008

Rates

I am not advertising for students at the moment but still get approached by the odd Cardrunner who has heard about me on the forums.

I would say my 50NL intro programme is pretty good value at $150 but I am struggling to find a rate that is fair to both student and coach once the intro programme is done.

Previously I have been working on an hourly rate of $50 but that doesn't work so well in practice. What happens is people book a session assuming it will be an hour, but the sessions usually run for 90-120 minutes and they (understandably) expect to pay for the first hour only.

Some of my students have now moved up to 100NL and I will probably start charging per session. Coaches usually charge 1 buy in per hour but I am thinking $95 per 90 minute session.

This works out at just under $65 per hour, which is still worth it for me despite being way below my new hourly rate at 200NL tables ;-)

No comments: