Saturday 31 May 2008

May Results


Overall May turned out to be a pretty decent month and I now class myself as a full time 200NL player.

This is the review of my May targets with comments in blue:

Premier League

1. Review every hand of each session played where I VPIP and see flop.(Thanks to PT3 for making this possible)

Started well with this but fallen away a bit lately. Need to do betterbut PT3 does tilt me sometimes. Hopefully the new build will arrive soon and hopefully replayer will be better and more reliable. Seeing the opponents stats when reviewing a hand would be awesome.

2. No looking at stats during session. This is a tilt indicator and must stop session immediately.

This is very hard for me and I would guess I acheive it no more than 30% of the time. I am working on a session review spreadsheet which will give me very accurate stats to guage this in future.

3. Give study full 100% concentration. It is not an inconvenience!

Dueces Cracked videos are great and I pause and take notes as necessary. Keep up the good work!

Championship

1. Work on understanding of Leverage.

This has helped me in MTT's but cost me in cash games. More work needed.

2. Cascade tables during session if more than 2 tables.

Disaster and binned after 4 days. You can guess where on graph above!

3. Develop session checklist.

Sorted and will start using tomorrow. Promoted to Premier League.

4. Improve session review spreadsheet.

No Progress.

5. Follow Monthly Play/Study Cycle as follows:

1 Hour Study 6 Max
4 x 1 Hour Sessions
1 Hour Study MTT1 x MTT Session

Didn't really stick to this. Is fine to do as I please as long as I continue to study.

Lower League

1. Find 200NL coach - Done
2. Monthly PT review filters - Promoted to Championship
3. Study Pocket Pairs stats by position
4. Study 3bet Pot Stats
5. Website
6. Learn Omaha
7. Learn Full Ring
8. Learn HU

1 comment:

Marc said...

Sweet! I had the same issue (PT3 replayer killed me) trying to review my hands. I too am filtering for Saw Flop, although I will take a look even if I don't VPIP (i.e., checked in the BB). Postflop is key!

I also gave up on a somewhat rigid mix of play and study, and figure that as long as I study a lot relative to the amount of play, it's all good.

I prefer to tile, and no longer play more tables than I can tile, but I have read a number of people saying that they absolutely love stacking tables (but hate cascading them). I think, though, that these were guys who massively multi-tabled.

Let's hope the good things continue in June!