Tuesday 6 April 2010

Easter

I played almost 15,000 hands over the easter weekend which is huge volume for me.

Mostly this is because I have family visiting from tomorrow and want some time off but I was also experimenting with some longer sessions and I found this to be a worthwhile excersise. I definitely am going to try and play longer sessions when possible to maximise volume and enable me to be more time efficient.

I much prefer playing two 3 hour sessions instead of three 2 hour sessions and found my focus and poker minset actually improved as the sessions went on. I seemed to get in the zone after an hour or so of each session and from then the time just flew by. No looking at results and just in the zone!

1 comment:

RiverRock55 said...

Awesome Volume. I made the switch from three 2hours sessions two 3hour sessions a few months ago and it has helped my volume alot. After a few months I can comfortably go for 4hours in the morning if I get up early. Its great to have 4hours under ur belt by late morning and have the rest of the day with only two hours to go.

I also notice getting in the zone or flow like you say after the first hour, the exact same thing happens to me on long runs

Keep it up!