Thursday 14 January 2010

Indifference

I just played a non scheduled session in an effort to get ahead of the game volume wise.

Before I started Helen questioned 'Are you sure you want to play? Even if you lose you will be happy with your decision to play?'.

'Yes of course' I replied and off I went to hit the tables.

Ten hands in and I have made a bad 3 street call down for half a buyin having called a min 3bet on btn with JTo vs an unknown. Soon after this:



Sometimes this would tilt me and I would already be questioning my decision to play.

This time though I felt only indifference to the AK hand and it was such an awesome feeling. I carried on the session knowing that tables were fantastic (over 300,000 people playing at stars wtf!) and that I was totally on my A game.

2 hours and a mini heater later I am up $700 for the session and very pleased with myself.

This hand is to remind me folding KK preflop is unecessary:

1 comment:

Waddle said...

All the work on an progress in being in control of my emotions is the greatest thing I've gotten out of poker that has carried over into everyday life. It's great to see your having success in that area too! Thanks for always having kind words for me...