Wednesday 3 September 2008

Whats your plan?

I have started to write an article on the importance of planning hands and how anticipating your opponents’ next move can have a major impact on your game.

I tell my students over and over and over again how important this is but for some reason I have become a little relaxed about it myself lately and need to re-focus.

Hand planning is so important that my goals for September will be very simple and straightforward

September goals

1. Plan every hand and anticipate future actions.
2. Stick to plans and trust reads (bet/fold really does mean fold if he raises!!)
3. Mark and review at least 5 hands per week and be able explain plan and thought process.
4. Post hands on CR for comments and analysis of thought process.

1 comment:

Marc said...

#2 is key for me!

Related to #1 is deciding, on each street, how much money I want to eventually put in, given what I think the likely possibilities are (e.g., if the flop is Q73hh, then the major possibilities would be either a 3rd heart hits or not).

Deciding whether I'm willing/wanting to play an eventual big pot helps with planning on the flop and turn, if that makes sense.