Monday 29 September 2008

Playing the Parent

My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl last Wednesday night :-)

Things got a little bit scary towards the end but mother and baby are back at home now and doing great. I am extremely proud of them both.

Whilst in the hospital my newborn daughter soon realised that crying resulted in being picked up from her cot, normally by her dad. After a while it wouldn't take long before the tears came when in the cot, then she gets picked up and tears immediately stop. Put her down a bit later, tears again......repeat.....repeat.....

So in the evening the midwife comes and puts her in the cot. No tears. Just quickly to sleep.

So when being put in her cot (or facing open raise) she plans her hand as follows:

Cry (3bet) vs dad, he will pick me up;
Sleep (fold) vs midwife as she will leave me to cry (4bet)

That's my girl!

3 comments:

belligero said...

Congrats!!!

Marc said...

That is awesome!...I was out of town for a while and am just getting caught back up on stuff. Hope you are getting some sleep (when you want, not when your daughter wants!).

Unknown said...

Congratulations Steve!!