Wednesday 23 February 2011

FTP Mod

Had a bad day on saturday and found myself back to just under my $1,500 starting point. Two reasons for this:

1) I ran 450 below EV which I think is a lot at 25nl and 50nl.
2) I 4 tabled Rush 6max

I don't have a problem with playing Rush (in fact I like it and am going to play more) but the problem is without doubt the number of tables I have been playing.

The difference between 2 tables and 4 tables of Rush is huge and I am still trying to find my sweet spot.

When 2 tabling I get in approx 600 hands per hour and feel like I have plenty of time to think, take notes on my opponents and play my A game close to 100% of the time.

When 4 tabling I get in approx 1200 hands per hour but my brain cannot cope and I go into autopliot spazzy nit mode.

My last 5 sessions have been 2 tabling 25nl Rush and am crushing at 30bb/100, over approx 4k hands, despite continuing to run badly according to EV numbers. I have slightly modified my moving up plan to incorporate 2 tabling Rush.

I also bought an FTP colour coding mod from Tiltbuster (www.tiltbuster.com) which is really cool. If you colour code players on the FTP client then this mode is a must buy imo. It cost $5 and looks like this:



If you don't have a good colour coding system them you should book a coaching session with me :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Autopilot spazzy nit mode' - I can definitely relate to this!