Sunday 21 November 2010

So long stars, enjoy the ratholers

It is with mixed feelings that I will no longer be playing on pokerstars.

This is a direct result of their decision to split the games between 20-50bb and 40-100bb. They claim this is to give people choice, but they took away my choice which is to play with a mixture of full and short stackers.

I do have another choice though which is to play elsewhere and that is what I am going to do. I have given them way way more time than I should have to rectify the situation but now feel enough is enough.

The shallow tables now outweigh the normal tables significantly at mid stakes and the waitlists are ridiculously long. People don't want to start 40-100bb tables for whatever reason. The final straw was sitting down with a reg who was apparantly trying to start tables, he sat out after 1 hand (in which he won $40) and then just sat there for the next 20mins. Unsuprisingly nobody wants to sit down at a table with me plus a reg who is sitting out, and plenty of shallow tables filled up in the meantime because the one thing rats are good at is starting tables.

It is very similar to what happend with PT3 and HEM. I really didn't want to give up on PT3 but eventually it got to a point where I couldn't wait anymore and had to go with a product that was clearly better and was giving my opponents an edge on me. Once I eventually made the switch I didn't look back.

Really is a shame because stars still has a lot going for it (ie traffic, VIP program, customer support) but the simple fact is the games I like to play simply don't exist anymore.

I am not going to let misguided loyalty stop me from maximising my winrate anymore.

4 comments:

RiverRock55 said...

Interesting. Where you gonna play now? Very intersted in the differences you notice. I have noticed a dent in my winrate since they did this. Keep us posted on how this goes and good luck

rotyi said...

Interesting for me as well. I'll keep my eyes on you and your future experiences and notices about this.

Mr Fickle said...

I am going to spend the rest of 2010 testing out some euro sites and have been given a cashback bonus on FTP, so will mix some FTP in as well. I don't think I am going to play exclusivley on one site anymore because when they make changes it takes me too long to adjust.

rotyi said...

I think you're right. If you are not a bonus hunter then you don't need to spent too much time on one site.