Friday 14 May 2010

Are the games good?

I just keep changing my mind about the state of the games on stars. For those of you that don't know stars changed their games structure to:

20-50BB buyin
40-100 BB buyin
100-250BB buyin with ante

For the rest of this post I will call them shallow, normal and deep (why stars don't do this is confusing and a different subject altogether).

So basically this is what is happening:

Pro shortstackers and most fish at shallow tables
Multitabling regs and some fish at normal tables
Multitabling regs and a couple of fish at deep tables

On the face of it the normal games are full of regs and suck. Waitlists are massive for any table that has a player who vaguely resembles a fish and not many people are starting tables. I do try to start tables and/or or sit with other regs starting tables but a lot of time table is quickly filled with regs.

The shallow tables are thriving. Ratholers are starting tables at a high volume and the fish jump in.

So like I said, on the face of it the normal games suck. Thing is my results at 200nl are telling me otherwise at the moment and therefore I can't decide whether the changes are good or bad (for me personally).

Obviously results are the most important thing in the long term, and if things continue to go well then I couldn't care less how attractive the games look, but I cannot help but think that 'normal' poker on stars is dying. If this happens then my options are:

1. Start playing some 50BB poker on stars
2. Move to a site where normal poker prevails

Neither of the above options are attractive to me.

No comments: