Monday 9 February 2009

Grinding

For the past week I have been 8 tabling and playing a relatively straightforward TAG style.

Playing too many tables is usually a bad thing but I felt I was over thinking my plays and all my fancy plays were actually costly mistakes. By playing more tables I have reduced the amount of time I have to think and this has forced me to play a straightforward style and just grind.

Results have been steady and unspectacular so far but I did drop 10 buyins over 2 sessions which hurt the winrate a little*.

*By a little I mean a lot!

I think playing more tables is a good way to reduce variance when things aren't going so well but you need to be very confident that your understanding of ABC poker is good. If you can't consistently make good plans and decisions, and make them quickly, then 8 tabling is not for you.

Oh and if any of my students are reading do not start 8 tabling!!!

1 comment:

Charly said...

Don't worry about that, I'm playing 4 tables and I'm considering to reduce it to 2. GL for the next sessions